Friday, August 21, 2009

My Living Room in Stampin Up Colors




Last year I fell in love with the big tree at convention. I could see it on my wall. We were trying to sell our house at the time and I didn't want to waste the tree on a wall which may not be mine for long. Our house didn't sell and we have taken it off the market. I was glad to take the house off the market but my husband not too happy as he has to drive an hour and half to work every day. First we had to decide on a color. It was hard for us to decide so my husband said get your color wheel. We chose Always Artichoke for the entry way and Mellow Moss for the living room. Then we went on vacation. All along I can feel the tree getting closer and closer to being put on my wall. Now it was time to start painting. We breezed through the entry way in one day. Then we came to the living room. Neither I nor my husband wanted to hang over the steps to the basement to reach the 16 foot peak of the wall. It was quite a dilemma. So we decided to hire a painter. So now starts the search for a painter. We live in small town and there are only a few to be found that are close. I never realized how busy painters were. We found the nicest gentleman and he agreed to fit us in between other jobs. So I ordered the tree and waited. This week the walls are done so my friend Jayne came over and we put it up. It was not as hard as I thought. It comes in 6 pieces and you have to fit it all together. I think it turned on pretty good. Now on to putting all the other pictures and shelves back up. I have one more Home Decor which is the word FAMILY which I plan to put on the wall with all the pictures.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, very nice. I love the colors you choose and the tree looks great!!!

Rose Castillo said...

Great job putting up the decor elements. The colors look great too!

Tessa Wise said...

I love that you chose SU! colors for your house! Hee! I recently chose Very Vanilla, Baja Breeze, and Chocolate Chip to decorate my bathroom!

Your tree turned out beautiful!!